When you are feeling frustrated or stressed at work, doing a mini meditation a few times a day can do wonders to your stress level. Furthermore it can also increase your concentration and your energy levels. It doesn’t have to take long and it can be anywhere, anytime of the day. So here is my step by step guide on how to boost your energy with meditation.
- Meditation spot. Like I said, it could be anywhere. However do choose somewhere that is away from noise and distraction. So choose a quiet space. It could be your bedroom, the park or even in the toilet at work.
- Sit down or assume in a comfortable position. Just remember that your back needs to be straight. When your back is straight, it allows you to breathe more easily.
- Allow every part of your body relax.
- Close your eyes and take slow deep breaths. Most people don’t realise it but they are actually shallow breathers. Breathing deeply will allow you to use oxygen more efficiently.
- Now try to clear your mind and try to silence it. Easier said than done :)
- If you are having trouble clearing your mind (completely normal,) you can try focusing your mind on a soothing image or you could try repeating a mantra such as Aumm or simply bringing your attention to the breath. INhale - EXhale.
- Now take in 8 details about the peaceful scene you have just created. If you were imagining a tropical island, imagine the colour of the ocean and the sound of the ocean.
- Now you can open your eyes and stretch out your arms and legs.
- Look around your surrounding and take it all in.
- Take a deep breath and you are ready to get back to work.
So give our quick guide a go. You’ll be surprised that a little meditation will energize you throughout the whole day.